Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Almost ready!

It was a year ago this week that we picked up our new Gulf Stream Visa and set off for our first camping trip of the year at Alum Creek State Park near Columbus, OH.  So in honor of that we're going there this weekend for our first camping trip of 2014.  I'm ecstatic!

I've had the camping bug since some time in February.  Alas, this year's winter did not cooperate with my camping plans.  Despite the bitter cold I would have gone camping.  However, getting the trailer through the snow in the yard would have been like towing a boulder through a mud pit with an RC car.

My last weekend off would have been a good one, but the trailer was in the shop for some warranty work.  Some lights had water in them, cushions were wearing prematurely, and the fresh water tank had developed a crack where it connects to the piping.  Wheel bearings needed taken care of and propane filled.  We ended up doing some much needed yard work instead of camping so I suppose that's good...

Now I just have to make it 3 more days of the work week and we're off.  I think it's going to be a long 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment