Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book it now

I tend to procrastinate. I admit it. I often wait until the last minute to get something done. I've heard it said that some people work better under pressure. I'm not sure that's true, but I can rationalize right? My next weekend off is Memorial Day weekend and of course we plan to go camping. Yeah, I waited a little too long. Almost everything in the State Park system is booked up. Of course there are still walk-in sites available, but I wouldn't make plans based on that. Even some of the campgrounds in the State Parks that rarely ever fill up are full. There was actually one site (out of two available) that I was interested in at Punderson State Park, but as I was looking at it someone else reserved it. Drat!

So next I checked out some of the local KOAs. Several of the ones we looked at are completely booked, even the one that is way out in the middle of nowhere. Somehow I lucked out, and the one campground we often stay at had some openings. Called right then and there. And now we will be camping Memorial Day weekend. I read that they have a parade and everything. Should I decorate the motorcycle? If you want to go camping next weekend, book it now! I think if you wait until the weekend is over you might be planning 2 weeks out. Procrastination has its disadvantages.

No comments:

Post a Comment