Saturday, May 10, 2014

Weekend #2

Our second weekend of camping almost didn't happen.  Originally this was to be a week long camping trip from Cedar Point to Hocking Hills.  However, sometimes work gets in the way of our camping schedule.  Then it looked like this weekend might be a washout from the forecast.  That seems to have changed.  Then, after altering some plans to be more local, the monsoon started.  Luckily it only lasted a little while.

So we're here at our home KOA park in Streetsboro.  We've camped here probably a dozen times in the past few years.  It's the campground that is most central to family, yet we can be somewhere different from home.

Since Jon was working I got to hitch up and drive to the campground on my own.  I usually have no problem doing that, but the first time I do it I go all OCD and triple-check everything.  It's almost comic how many times I check everything, but all in the name of safety.  The hard part was when I got to the campground and I had to back in on my own.  Unfortunately, the site that we were assigned was still very wet from the rain to the point where I even started to spin the wheels in the gravel.  Then I saw where the awning was going to be and I decided that I didn't want to go swimming each time I stepped out of the trailer.

The nice folks here let me switch sites though which I very much appreciate.  One of my new neighbors suggested getting turned around so I could back in from the driver's side which made sense.  So I then paraded around the whole campground in order to get turned around.  I thought of throwing candy or playing music while I did it to make it more fun!  Once I made it back Ron (my new neighbor) helped me back in which was very nice of him.

Now we're set up for the weekend and ready for some rest and relaxation.  Going to visit my parents tomorrow evening, and maybe meet some nice folks from RVillage.com later.

No comments:

Post a Comment