Friday, October 25, 2013

5 more months

I know it’s too early for camping withdrawal, but I’m already a little bummed out.  This is my first weekend off since April that we haven’t been camping.  Here’s what I miss:
  • The anticipation of leaving work knowing we’re getting away for the weekend
  • The feeling of leaving the world behind when we hitch up and pull out of the driveway
  • Driving a huge vehicle down the highway
  • The moment when you get to the campground, set up, and plop into your camping chair
  • Campfire
  • Beverages by the campfire
  • Talking by the campfire
  • Getting to explore a new town
  • Finding great places to eat
  • Miscellaneous festivals
  • Having time with my partner
  • Getting up slowly in the morning with no schedule or timelines

Ok, the countdown begins now.  Just over 5 months until camping season begins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment